Twas another stormy night in the Kawishiwi River Campground at number 17. The wind was blowing ,the thunder was crashing loud, lightning lit up the sky through my tent . I stayed dry through the night , though I did have a bit of a fright about 2:45 in the AM.
Half sleeping, I though I felt a " presence". I was NOT alone in my cacoon...something was moving stealth fully on my sleeping bag. Moving closer and closer to my face. What could it be ??
A Giant Spider I thought, or a snake, a frog perhaps. All would be unsatisfactory sleeping companions.
We'll it got to above my knees abd I finally realized i wasn't dreaming and kicked the sleeping bag up an Jumped over to the other side of the tent, about 6" maybe.
I scrambled for my phone to make some light.
Well. I spotted it just as it crawled under my pants. A Mouse. Its little Cole like black shiny eyes looking over its shoulder at me as it scurried off. Just as scared as I was I suspect.
After some maneuvering I was able to convince him or her to vacate the premises. I found a hole in my screen just about the size of a little mouse too.
Mice, Spiders, rain, thunder, lightning, mosquitos... Camping is Fun.
Saturday, August 29, 2015
The late night visitor
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment